Arcade Extreme

Ibara, BBoOoOoommmBaaa

« Older   Newer »
Icarus_
view post Posted on 28/6/2006, 19:33 by: Icarus_

QUOTE (LUN @ 28/6/2006, 20:01)
Since you're here I'll add a question: is arrange EXACTLY the same as black label? Great to see RAM playing it at top level!

Unfortunately, no, there are a few differences between Ibara Arrange and Ibara Kuro that make them both completely different games. This is what I know:

The similarities:
- Both feature the Rank Bar, increased by collecting items (small increase) and Medals (large increase for 10k Medals)
- Both feature the Rose Multiplier controlled by the Rank Bar, up to a maximum of 300x
- Rank does affect the amount of bullets fired by enemies and bosses
- Most bullets can be cancelled with a regular bomb to create Rose Medals
- If a hadou is fired, any bullets that hit the hadou missile as it flies up the screen will change into a Medal

Now for the differences:
- Ibara Kuro features a rapidly incrementing scratch counter which adds scratching points to your score, when you come up close to bullets. I assume that the higher the scratch counter (up to +9999) the higher the amount of points you get per scratch. I'm certain that dying is the only thing to reset the scratch counter. I believe that scratching increases rank, as well.
- Ibara Kuro has magnetic items, while Ibara Arrange does not.
- In Ibara Kuro, a high rank affects both the amount of bullets fired by enemies and their speed. Maximum rank patterns are both dense and extremely fast.
- The differences between Ibara AC and Ibara AC PS2 also affect Ibara Arrange and Ibara Kuro: for example, the late appearance of the three large tanks in stage5, missing small enemies in particular stages etc.

There are quite major differences in the gameplay between Arrange and Kuro that affect total score, I'd bet. I've heard RAM getting 190mil in Ibara Kuro (possible maximum 200mil+?) while Ibara Arrange is probably set to an estimated maximum of 160mil+.

As for me, yes, the 92mil was gained quite quickly. I played a bit of Arrange last night, and in one credit, lost my last life on the final part of Teresa's first form (nasty screen spray pattern) with 89mil and a full bomb to spare. I could have had 100mil+ too. :goccioloneee:

I'll try again later. ^_-

562 replies since 22/12/2005, 20:49   5556 views